courses > physics 205/210
To use Spotter, click on one of the following links:
syllabus for Physics 205, MW section, fall 2017
syllabus for Physics 210, MW section, fall 2017
syllabus for Physics 205, TuTh section, fall 2017
syllabus for Physics 210, TuTh section, fall 2017
homework printout for Physics 205, MW section
homework printout for Physics 210, MW section
homework printout for Physics 205, TuTh section
homework printout for Physics 210, TuTh section
The coverage of topics on these practice exams will not necessarily match up with what is actually covered on exam n in a given semester. See the syllabus for the actual list of topics for each exam.
how to get the book
You can buy the book from the FC Bookstore, or download it for free from this web site. You'll also need to download the lab manual and print it out. I'm the author of the book. I do not receive any royalty from sales of the book. You can choose to download the book for free and print it yourself, but you typically don't save any significant amount of money that way, and what you get is a big, thick, unbound stack of single-sided output.
free books for math review
trig: Corral, Trigonometry
calculus: Robbin and Angenent, First-Semester Calculus
about the class
The Physics 205/206 and 210/211 sequences are intended for biology majors. If you're an engineering major, you should be in Physics 221. If you just need a gen ed class, you should be in Physics 130.
Physics 205/206 satisfies your physics requirement if you're a biology major transferring to a Cal State. The prerequisites for 205 are Math 141 (precalculus) and Math 142 (trig).
Physics 210/211 satisfies your physics requirement if you're a biology major transferring to a UC (or a Cal State). The prerequisites for 210 are Math 141 (precalculus) and Math 142 (trig), and the corequisite is Math 150A (calculus).
Information about other schools and programs:
- UC Berkeley Optometry and Ketchum University (formerly Southern California College of Optometry) will take 205/206 or 210/211. You also need to take a semester of calculus, but you don't need a calculus-based physics course.
- Chapman wants 210 as a prerequisite for DPT, and also as a graduation requirement for environmental science. For their biology majors, they want 210/211.
- Western University's dental school will take 205/206 or 210/211.
- For engineering technology (not a straight engineering degree), you may need 210.
- Computer science departments at UC may want 221.
To calculate a standard deviation, click here.